ORGANIZATION CHALLENGES

 I have a limited amount of space to do things in my home. It is a small home built in the 1920s. So, there is little storage because people in the 1920s didn't have a lot of stuff like we do in 2022. There are also very few electrical outlets. In the 1920s there were very few things that needed to be plugged in. Now, I have extension cords and power strips everywhere. I could not survive with just the few outlets I have around. 

This week I have been focusing on making more space through organization and clearing out. 

  1. I cleared out my photography studio/guest room and made it more usable. There were boxes in there and all sorts of things I bought that I haven't used yet. I recycled and put the items in the places they belonged. I set up my new lightbox so I can take even better photos. A lightbox is a box that has one open side plus holes that open all so that you can take photos (or videos) of an item. In my case food photos. My lightbox comes with different colored backgrounds and a remote control that changes the lights to many different colors. I am pretty excited about that. I also have two softbox lights that I have been using for over a year. They are the lights that stand on a sort of tripod and have a big box around them. When I got them, it took me forever to put them together. I finally got one of them together, but I could not get the other one together. This past fall I had a visitor who came and sat in my back yard, and I brought out the softbox and it took him one minute to get it together. I am not ever taking them apart. 
  2. I also cleared out some of my kitchen to make more space. I did this a little while ago also. I took some of my lesser used cooking and baking items and put them in two plastic containers. I labeled the containers so I would know what is in each container. I had so much more space on my counters. With all these chapters of such different cooking and baking, I am buying so many different items. It is great but I have a small kitchen with no pantry and no space to put things.
  3. I bought a storage cart on wheels to put in the kitchen to help with the storage problem. I am going to store some of the baking items in it. Also, some of my social media and packing items. I have bought and been given special plates and bowls for my social media photos. I have packing for when I sell baked goods. These items are currently sitting on my table which means I can't eat on my table. I am hoping this storage cart helps this situation. 
Overall, I am hoping that my new infatuation with organizing helps with my mental health of feeling like my home is too cluttered with this stuff. People keep saying get rid of it, but I like to cook and bake, and I don't want to get rid of things like hazelnut flour or pistachio paste or bird's eye chilis. They are all so good and fantastic to cook and bake with. I will keep organizing.

Do you have any organizing challenges?

Walk on Sunshine 

Comments