FOOD SHORTAGES


This week has been eventful. First, I lost power for 17 hours in my home. It was disruptive since I had planned to start the Chocolate Chapter of the vegan cooking course. I still have two desserts to make in the Pastry Essentials II chapter, but they are really time-consuming recipes and I do not have a bunch of time. Then I lost power and I had to toss out all my dairy products, the essential items in making chocolate. 


Today I finally got two deliveries of food and I got some of the items I need. Due to the shortages of food, I did not get all the items I wanted. We all are having the same problems when it comes to food shortages. In the summer of 2020, I was unable to find tofu for months. I had a very nice person who bought some for me when she saw some. Today the shortages were bread and peanut butter. This is the second time I had a hard time getting peanut butter. I find that when kids are at home from school there is a peanut butter shortage. Kids in this area are home during the Omicron surge so peanut butter is wiped off the shelves. Secret: I keep jars of the stuff in my pantry. I eat peanut butter every day. 

I am less stressed when I have food in the house. It is not like I have no food in the house. I could probably eat for a month with the food I have in the house. I just don't have a) food I like, b) the staples like nut milk and sugar, and c) fresh veggies and fruit. 

After getting my food deliveries I participated in a vegan social media zoom. It was super interesting and helpful. Basically, any chance to be in a group with like-minded people is a gift these days. I have been in my home due to a health condition for almost two years, so I really like being able to participate in groups. I got some great ideas and hope I offered something to the group.  Of course, this left no time to cook anything after a two-hour zoom. I have posts from last year before I knew about hashtags so no one saw those posts. 

Walk on sunshine. 

Comments