THOUGHTS OF 2021

 So, the end of 2021 is near. This year has been a whirlwind for me. I started Vegan Adventure Foodie. Prior to all of this I had a work website, personal blog, Facebook page and checked twitter occasionally. I hardly involved in social media at all. Then suddenly I was making another webpage, creating an Instagram page, twitter account, Facebook account and another blog. It became another part-time job. 

I have been cooking and baking almost every day. If you had told me 20 years ago that I would be in this place, I would have looked at you in complete shock. I have been so happy. People comment that I look my happiest when I am making food. I think the one thing that this Covid lockdown has shown us is that finding your happy place is super important. Mine seems to be making good food and watching movies but mostly making good food to eat while watching movies. 

I never thought anyone would want to buy my food but then someone bought my pies. It made me feel proud and successful. Now I need to work on getting more people to want to buy my food. Not large amounts of people right now but a few. I am still learning and figuring things out. I haven't been baking since I was 4 years old like some. This is all new to me. I was super proud of my Christmas cookies this year. I thought they looked very good considering I didn't have the best cookie cutters and I never made royal icing before and I never made colored royal icing before and I didn't have the correct equipment to ice the cookies. I thought they looked good. 

I am learning and growing and that is what 2022 will be all about. I have more chapters of my cooking course to do: chocolate, cheese, and sour dough bread. These seemed hardest so I left them for the last. I am looking forward to the chocolate chapter because I love chocolate. I wanted to do that chapter in the summer but thought the winter would be a better time due to the weather. Also who wants to be pounding out dough in 90 degree weather? 

So here I am at the end of 2021, just finishing my Christmas cookies, thinking about my goals for 2022.

  • Goal 1: Finish the vegan cooking course from Veecoco Academy.
  • Goal 2: Figure out how to get my home baking business online.
  • Goal 3: Get my home baking business up and running.
  • Goal 4: Get my second pastry order.
These seem like such lofty goals but I think I can work towards them in 2022. 

Walk in Sunshine!

Comments