CHRISTMAS COOKIES

 


This past week has been a whirl wind of cookie making and baking. I had a plan that I made weeks ago. It was perfectly balanced with a citrus cookie, chocolate cookie, sugar cookie and coconut cookie. Then one thing after another happened. 

The citrus cookie worked out fine. Then I found out the ingredient I needed for the chocolate and coconut cookies went rotten so I had to pivot to two other cookies. The first cookie I tried was marzipan and that was an epic fail. There was something wrong and I just could not figure it out. I switched to cinnamon cookies and they were good. Then I made Linzer cookies with Chia Cherry Pomegranate jam. They are beautiful. Lastly, I made sugar cookies. I spent hours decorating them. I envisioned how I wanted them to look. I realized I am not the artist I am in my mind, but they came out okay. I am proud. I really need better equipment if I am going to do them again. 

Overall, I am proud of what I designed. I learned a lot doing this. Like do not wait to the last minute to decorate cookies. It takes a long time to decorate sugar cookies. You can't rush icing. You need a lot of decorations to make cookies look special. Take your time and plan ahead. 

Walk in sunshine.

Comments